WAYS TO HELP OUR MUSIC PROGRAMS AND STUDENT MUSICIANS
Sickles High School Bands is a large, growing, and high achieving performing arts curriculum where excellence in musicianship, character, and leadership is emphasized. We provide a top-quality band experience for the benefit of our student musicians, our school, and our local community while keeping our band dues as affordable as possible for parents. To achieve this and to supplement low school operating budgets, we must engage in a vigorous fundraising program and depend on the generous in-kind and sponsorship support of individuals, funding organizations, and corporations for goods, services, and cash donations.
Please consider Sickles High School Bands when reviewing your charitable options. What better investment than music education whose impact on our students will be remembered and demonstrated throughout their lives? All donations are tax-deductible to our registered not for profit organization 501(c)3. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please call Caroline Goodrich at 727.408.0406 for further discussion of your fundraising options and to review our ongoing in-kind needs list.
MONETARY DONATION OPTIONS:
Option 1: PAYPAL
Option 2: CHECK OR MONEY ORDER
For checks and money orders, please mail with the Donation form and note "donation" on the memo line of your check and mail to:
Sickles High School, Attention: Treasurer SHS Band Boosters, 7950 Gunn Highway, Tampa, FL 33626
BE A TRAILER SPONSOR
- $200 per school year
- Corporations provide logo; we create a cling for the trailer
- Digital logos are also placed on our website
- If corporate banners are provided; they are placed in an ad space at the school
One of the easiest ways for a local business to support the Sickles Band Program; a naming sponsorship on our travel trailer.
Your logo rides along with the award-winning Sickles High School Marching Wall of Sound and our other performance ensembles everywhere they go throughout the Tampa Bay area and beyond. When not in use, the trailer is parked at Sickles High School as a stationary billboard.
Contact us and let’s discuss your promotional needs. Thank you in advance for supporting Music in Our Schools.
Sickles High School
More to Come....
COMMUNITY GRANTS AND CORPORATE MATCHING GRANT PROGRAM
If your employer has a matching grant program, please contact Caroline Goodrich at email@example.com as it could mean your costs/donations are matched and the band gets additional support we need. We will assist with the paperwork necessary; we are a registered not for profit charitable organization.
We also seek funding through community grants from local, regional, and national organizations. If you have experience in grant writing professionally or through your previous volunteer efforts, please let us know. We can use your help!
2019-2020 GRANTS RECEIVED:
Please utilize the Amazon Smile option when ordering from Amazon. Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser. From there, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity...Select a Sickles High School Band Boosters from the list as your charitable organization to support. Then shop! Amazon Smile makes a donation to us for what you purchase - you get more purchase power! You must go to smile.amazon.com to do your shopping. Going through that window to amazon.com allows you to donate to your favorite charity - us! Thanks for supporting SHS Bands.
SUPPORT NEEDS FOR OUR UNIFORM ROOM (Updated 5/31/19):
In order to support of our marching band and its many performances, we are seeking the following donated items. We have needs for certain items throughout the year and others will help us stay organized. All items new or gently used please. Please contact us to underwrite any wish list items. Thank you!
- Febreeze room spray (odor neutral/allergy free)
- Febreeze clothing spray (odor neutral/allergy free)
- Lysol spray (odor neutral/allergy free)
- Lysol wipes – large containers
- Liquid hand soap
- Latex gloves
- Rubber bands – regular sizes/large bags of assorted (packs available at the Dollar Tree)
- Fairy lights (individual strands) for Snow Parade instrument decor
- Smaller/compact totes with lids
- Sharpies – black
- Duct tape in the following colors: blue, purple, black, white, red, brown, yellow, green
- Tissues – large boxes
- Gender neutral spray deodorant
- Uniform compliant black long socks (to have on hand for the forgetful few – Dollar Tree)
- Square plastic laundry baskets (2 large and 2 small) for Lost and Found/Smaller items
- Velvet hangers
- Hair bands (Dollar Tree)
- Tabletop mannequin (1) retail display prop
- Rolling clothing rack (with wheels/two sided)
- Tee shirt tabletop retail display props
- Portable sewing machine
- Garment bags
THE BAND CARING CLOSET/GENTLY USED CLOTHING :
Outgrown, clean, and gently used concert dress is accepted by the Caring Closet in our Uniform Room throughout the year.
Please consider donating your outgrown:
- White tuxedo shirts and black bow ties
- Black Cummerbunds
- Black dress shoes (men’s/women’s) and men’s black belts
- Black dress pants (men’s/women’s)
- Black dress button down shirts (men’s /women’s)
- Long black concert dresses (velvet/plain)
SUPPORT NEEDS FOR SECTIONS (Updated 07-31-18):
Our SHS Band
is comprised of “sections” by instrument; the trumpet section, the clarinet
section, and so on. They are assigned
white cabinets or a room in the main band room to store their instruments and
supplies. This is a central gathering
point for students and their “stuff” daily. Each section has a section leader(s) who takes care of many things
throughout the year for the students.
These supplies, requested by the students, will assist them to run their section more smoothly and keep cold and flu season in hand. Some may need to be replenished throughout the year. Send supplies in with your student for their section or for the general band replenishment. Ask them to give donations of supplies to Section Leaders. (Needs List compiled with the feedback of Band Leadership).
SUGGESTED GENERAL SECTION CABINET/BAND ROOM NEEDS:
- Large, labeled by section with a Sharpie, bottles of hand sanitizer (may need to be replenished
throughout the year)
- Plastic milk crate to
organize music folders
- Over the door metal hangers for garment bags and jackets (Dollar Store)
- Air fresheners (on for each shelf in each cabinet) – please obtain odorless for
- Lint rollers
- Snack basket (basket with granola bars, protein bars) – parents may take turns
- (allergy free - no peanut items please)
- Tissues – large boxes
- Sunblock (non-aerosol)
- Bug Spray (non-aerosol)
- Pencil holders
- Pencils – sharpened
- Nail polish remover pads
- Box of “Band-Aids” – adhesive bandages - assorted sizes
- Liquid hand soap – for the auditorium rest rooms (used by band/guard as a
- Plain pump hand lotion (not heavily scented)
- EXPO Markers (dry erase markers)
- Emergency feminine hygiene products – light pads/tampons (please bag
- Accordian folders
- Small plastic baskets or buckets to hold supplies/snacks in cabinets
- Cork grease
- Valve oil
- Slide grease
- White electrical tape
- Black electrical tape
- Hair ties (coated rubber bands)
- Bobby pins
- Make up wipes – individual pads
JAZZ ENSEMBLE NEEDS (Updated 07-31-18):
In order to support our award winning Jazz Ensemble, we are seeking support for the following. Please contact us to underwrite any larger wish list items; keep in mind our Band Boosters is a 501-3C. Before purchasing any large equipment or logoed items to donate, please see Mr. Griffis, Nicole Byrnes, or Caroline Goodrich.
ONGOING IN-KIND DONATION NEEDS
- Bottled water
- Small- sized Gatorades
- Clothespins (to clip music to stands during outdoor performances)
- Bagged individual snacks (chips, cookies, popcorn)
- Hand sanitizers - large
- Lysol wipes
- Tissues - large
- Heavy duty extension cords
SPECIAL WISH LIST
- Van to transport equipment to smaller jazz gigs
- New stools
- New chairs
- Small generator
- Logo-ed jackets
- Logo-ed polo shirts
- Logo-ed visors
- Logo-ed performance bags
- Logo-ed neck ties
- Logo-ed band stands
- Logo-ed music stands
- Logo-ed music folders